Followers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Out & About: DC

Hey beautiful people! I am back with a new post ( so sad ). I haven't been posting b/c my injury took much longer to heal to a point where I could type outside of work.

feel free to take a look at the pictures from the Procession for the Lord of Miracles (Jesus) of Washington, DC & my FOTD! By the way, for those who know I'm not catholic; I attend this every year for my husband (he is Catholic) and it means a great deal to him and I respect that.


Box
FOTD & my "little" brother being plain gooft
Box
with the hubs and my "little" brother
Box
the cutie patootie of my nephew on our way to another 4 yo's birthday party with a superhero theme, Jr was Captain America and won the costume contest...but then cried when he misunderstood the prize, he thought the cupcakes were the prize...and then we showed him the jump rope. kid had a meltdown and threw the rope and ran back to the cupcakes, kids, gotta love him!
Box
the interior of the church that holds the Peruvian Food that is sold to help pay for the costs of the Procession
Box
Box
Box
random shot of a DC condo/apartment building
Box
the entrance to the church
Box
part of the ceremony is to release ballons, they're given out to people to release at the same time
Box
the ratablo weighs 8,500 pounds (~2 tons) and is carried by 32 men that must rock side to side, take breaks and switch out men to prevent an accident. it is considered an honor to carry it.
Box
Box
they're heading to Adams Morgan, crossing Connecticut Ave. NW. from noon to 8 pm they walk 12 miles.

Box

G & I were caught on video while watching the horsies (or the back of our heads, lol)
3:28-3:47



ask me questions anonymously: http://www.formspring.me/aPetiteDiva


my yelp page: http://www.j-9.yelp.com

email me: aPetiteDiva (at) gmail (dot) com

4 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Wow that is a lot of awesome pictures. Oh and I love your outfit, you look so chic. That picture with your brother is so sweet. It makes me miss my brother. I will be seeing my "little" brother on December so I am hoping to have my share of pictures with him.

Natalie said...

Pretty awesome post! Never knew this. Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.
Natalie
http://thejazzyspot.blogspot.com

If Curves Could Talk (Stefanie) said...

You look so pretty! Love the pics!

Unknown said...

Mel-I will look out the for your pics with your brother!

Thanks to all the ladies for their lovely comments!

Xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails